Configuring a VMware View Manager Resource Profile
VMware View Manager, formerly VMware VDI, lets you run virtual desktops in a data center that provide end users a single view of all their applications and data in a personalized environment regardless of the device or location they log in from.
To configure a VMware View Manager profile:
- Select Users > Resource Profiles > Virtual Desktops.
- Click New Profile.
- Select VMware View Manager from the Type drop-down list.
- Enter a name and description (optional) to identify this profile.
- Enter the name or IP address and port of the connection broker using the format ip:port. For example,
You can enter more than one IP address. Place each address on a separate line.
- Select the Use SSL for connecting to the Server check box if SSL is required to connect to the server.
- Enter the username to connect to the connection broker or use the <USERNAME> session variable.
- Enter the password:
- To use a variable password to connect to the connection broker, select Variable Password and enter the variable in the form of <PASSWORD> or <PASSWORD@SEcAuthServer>.
- Select Password to use a static password to connect to the connection broker and enter the user credential’s password.
- Enter the domain where the View Manager server is located.
- Click Save and Continue.
- Select the roles to which this profile applies and click Add.
The Enabled Settings table under Users > User Roles also displays which roles have virtual desktops enabled.
- Click Save Changes.
- (Optional.) In the Bookmarks tab, modify the default bookmark created by the system and/or create new ones.